Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday School

My friend Melanie introduced us to Thursday School. It is a 10 week program for 2 1/2 hours on Thursday mornings. Mary just started and is in the 2 year old class with Mrs. Kimberly. Each week they learn a number, color and bible story. Mary LOVES it. The first day Mary ran in said "Bye Mama" and didn't look back. I stood behind the closed door watching through a tiny window for 20 minutes teary eyed. I had the most difficult time leaving her. On the way home I heard "It Won't Be Like This for Long" by Darius Rucker and my teary eyes turned into gushing sobs. I LOVE these girls and can't believe how quickly they are growing!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

So because your blog is password protected, I forgot to keep up on it (I use google reader to help me stay up on everyone's blogs--I usually read every post). Today I was visiting the bakercousins website and I realized I hadn't been to your blog since the beginning of October. This had to be corrected! So I forgot any and all homework I had to do, and spent hours reading every post since October.

Rachel and Mary are SOO cute. I really loved reading all about your lives.

The Sullengers said...

So freakin cute! I bet she is the best student in the class! She always comes up in Nursery and sits on my lap and shows the kids all the actions!

allie said...

She looks so grown up!! I'm sure she has tons of fun at her preschool!

janae said...

I *love* the way her hair flips out by her ears. It is the cutest thing ever!

Cara said...

She looks so adorable! Glad she's adjusted well to "school". :)

Luna said...

She looks so grown-up.

Lyndi said...

She is so adorable! This is the first of many "first day of school" pictures! :)

Aubrey said...

She looks so tall and happy. I hope you and her both love this short school session.