Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dryer Drama

A few weeks ago we had some difficulty with our dryer. Difficulty is putting it lightly. Our old dryer created enough heat to turn our laundry room into a sauna. I actually enjoyed it during the winter months. My mother in law and I even put dough in there to rise faster once. It took about 4 cycles to dry one load of laundry. When I got up in the night to feed Rachel I would start the dryer to get in that extra cycle or two. I never stopped to think that it was pretty weird, I just dealt with it. I also removed lint with a long kitchen utensil. Then a glorious day came and we got a new dryer. Murray picked it up and installed it, what a great husband! Then the new dryer didn't work. It was quite sad for us. Murray ran a few experiments to discover the problem. One was blowing out lint with an air compressor. The other dropping one of Mary's toy balls through the pipe the lint blows out of (whatever it is called, I'm sure it isn't a pipe). The ball fell through and we hooked the dryer back up and voila, the dryer works and it is wonderful!














1 comment:

janae said...

Wow, you guys are tricky! I didn't realize what a big deal doing the ball thing was until I saw the pictures. That is so funny!