Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shopping

We really enjoy visiting the children's museum. They have the cutest grocery store and everything inside is perfect Mary size. I really wanted to see her play in there but she would have nothing to do with it until we took a friend who went first. Then Mary dove right in, funny girl. You are only supposed to have three items in your cart at a time. There was a museum employee watching nearby. I followed behind Mary trying to replace items. I followed behind Mary putting them back and the employee followed behind me arranging them perfectly as they were. It was a bit stressful. Must have been funny to see two adults trailing a two year old.

6 comments:

allie said...

I'm sure that was a funny sight! I can't believe that woman was so uptight about it, especially at a children's museum! Anyway, Mary's shirt is so adorable, I love it. :)

The Sullengers said...

How fun - it's great that you are always taking your kids out and letting them have all their experiences! What a fun mommy you are! Can we play when our baby comes?

Zepp Family said...

Ok, I'm so annoyed with that museum employee and I wasn't even there! At least it appears as though Mary's experience was stress free...that makes it a win on your side :)

P.S. Rachel is stinkin' cute. You and Murray should have like 30 kids...you make such beautiful children.

janae said...

First, when I was a kid those grocery store places were my FAVORITE! Man I loved them.

Second, I can't believe they had a three item rule. I could understand maybe 8-10, but THREE? For toddlers? And that the employee was so obsessed with keeping it all pristine. That is ridiculous. The place is for children, for heaven's sake! You're sweet for not complaining. :)

Cara said...

Those are so fun! We've had a few of those at the museums where we have lived in the past. And they had that quantity rule too, though I think it was a little more than 3. I really think that's lame. I think if a parent is there, they should be able to take as many as they want. That's the shopping experience, right? Though I understand why they need to limit things. It just stinks. :)

Luna said...

Did you see the "new" store or the old one. I have been meaning to get out there and see the remodel. They keep sending me emails about it. I just wish health would return to the kids so I could get them out of the house.