Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Super Mom

On Thursday Mary woke up and wasn't her usual self. She was running a fever and only wanted to be held. She asked for water and drank 8 oz and also wanted ice. Not too long after she threw it up on me. I was so grateful it was just water! I put her in the bath, got us in clean clothes, gave her some tylenol and made a clean bed on the couch for her. She fell asleep and this is the part of the story where I feel like a super mom.
So, she is asleep on the couch and there is no way I am going to attempt putting her in the crib because it is likley she will wake up. Then I remember when Janae told me Aunt Dena would put pillows on the ground next to the couch in case the little ones rolled off. I put down a blanket, my body pillow and some other pillows. I left and took a shower. When I came out I found Mary asleep in a sea of pillows. She slept there for almost 3 hours! I felt so glad I had the thought she might roll off and proud of myself for not ignoring it and GRATEFUL for the wonderuful idea shared with me over 3 years ago!
Asleep on the couch
Saved by pillows!

5 comments:

janae said...

Congrats on being a super mom and saving your baby!! Don't you just love how the Spirit tells you to do little things like that? Me too. :)

steph said...

Good to know! Your previous post was a good something to keep in mind too. I will have to remember this stuff when I become a mom. :-)

Cara said...

Yay! Good work mom for listening to the prompting! :)

The Sullengers said...

That is good you thought of that with momnesia and all! Cute little Mary - glad she is feeling better! BTW - I've been craving biscuits since I left your house...so bad!!!

allie said...

What a great idea! You're such a great mom!