Friday, August 15, 2008

Peachy Keen

I heard about a peach orchard in Millington, Tennessee (about 45 minutes from us) and have been wanting to go every morning since. We finally got to go on a family outing to Jones Orchard on Thursday.

The weather was great because it wasn't too hot. There were so many tress loaded with peaches, it was endless! There were a lot of low laying branches so Mary had a great time picking them and throwing them in the basket!
We filled a basket which was half a bushel or 22 lbs. of peaches :) It was way fun! I think we will have to go each summer and make a tradititon out of it.
Only if I can figure out what to do with 22 lbs of peaches...I will figure that out and post about it later...

5 comments:

Cara said...

Yummy! Wish we could take some peaches off your hands! Sounds like it was fun!

janae said...

Those peaches look heavenly!! If you can't think of anything better, one thing you can do is dip the peaches for just a couple seconds in boiling water to loosen the peel, remove it, slice the peaches in half and pit them, then freeze the halves. They make for AWESOME peach milk shakes!!

The Sullengers said...

I forgot to ask you yesterday if you got around to going up there - yeah for peaches - jam is always good - we froze a bunch for milk shakes like your friend suggested, made peach pies, and just ate some! Enjoy! It will definitely be a tradition for us - I had a blast picking them!

Kent Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! Super cute pictures! We really should get out of Southaven a little more!

Lyndi said...

canning them is also yummy. oh, and jam! i wish we had a peach orchard!!