1.I have a ceramic stovetop which doesn't get hot enough for canning.
2.I bought jars that were too small.
3.The fruit wasn't ripe enough so the skins didn't come off
4.I did this while trying to tend a 3 month old baby for the first time
5. I didn't have any of the tools you need such as the pot and the thing that goes inside etc
Thanks to Kristi Landon who let me pack up my car with jars, sugar, peaches and babies to come and use her kitchen, tools and all while she showed me how to make jam.
It was fun and I think the jars look so pretty I put them on my cabinets and wish I had more!
4 comments:
Great job! Don't you just feel so good about yourself for doing that. You can enjoy your hard work all year long.
Well, you are a better Mormon than I! ;) I can't seem to get the guts up to actually make my own jam. It scares me! You are so brave!!
Man, that sounded like a lot of work! I'm sure it will be worth it as you eat all that jam up though! Good work!
Okay, when I got to the part where you said you were tending a 3 months old baby I was like WHAT?? And you tried to bottle peach jam? I'm overwhelmed FOR you.
Post a Comment