Sunday, January 2, 2011

Preschool With Mommy

Mary loves to learn new things! She does her fair share of imaginative play. It is fun to listen to the things she comes up with and plays with Rachel. Lately, they pretend the space by our stairs is an elevator and they take it to different places they like to visit. They also like to pretend that our slide is a pirate ship. Even with all of that fun Mary still likes to do an activity with just mom when she can. While Rachel takes her nap Mary and I will take a little time to do something fun together. This day we did some fun "M" activities.


Painting with giant marshmallows. Mary found them at Walmart and pleaded to get them. I'm glad we could think of something to do with them other than just eat them!



Found "m" words on marshmallows and glued them in the hot cocoa cup.

Followed her own recipe for marshmallow mix.

I got these ideas out of a book I really like "Letter of the Week Book 2" Grades PreK-K" It is a Mailbox book. The magazine that they make for teachers. I found it at Lakeshore Learning. I have used it mostly for co-op preschool ideas but it has worked well for alone time with Mary too.

1 comment:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Wow, look at all those paintings!!! You are so creative to use those mega marshmallows as stamps, we may need to get some of those.