Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nap Time

Rachel has learned to really love her nap time! Everyday after lunch she starts to feel a little tired. I ask her if she wants a nap and some days she says "No I'm not tired, I don't need a nap." because she doesn't want to miss anything fun, even though she is clearly sleepy. But most days she happily takes my hand, says "goodnite" to Mary and walks upstairs to her room. I really appreciate this because carrying a crying kicking child up stairs when my belly is growing bigger by the second isn't my idea of fun! Rachel takes a pacifier some days, reaches her hand into her hair and falls asleep for 2-3 hours and wakes up a very happy girl! I am glad when I can be home for her nap time because it really makes her a happier child and that makes me a happier mommy! Some days I will lie down with her and we will cuddle. I am learning I need to cuddle with her before because she can expect it at night time. I can't leave Mary unattended for 20 minutes downstairs because interesting things happen if I do. That's another entry though.



No comments: