Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mary Turned 4 Years Old!!!!

Our sweet Mary turned 4 years old and I can hardly believe it! I thought she was going to stay a baby forever! Usually I cry when Mary and Rachel have a birthday but this time I decided to be happy about all the wonderful things they are learning and doing with each year that passes. I still cried a little.
I woke Mary up in the morning with a purple tutu outfit because purple is her favorite color. Rachel and I brought it in and sang "Happy Birthday". Mary was so happy she put her hand on her chest, sat in my lap and told me she felt "emotional". She came downstairs and saw we hung our family birthday sign and her wrapped presents up high. Mary asked me who did that. I told her I wrapped her presents and grandparents sent some. She told me "Thank you mom for everything" with a great big hug. That is the kind of girl Miss Mary is! Here are four of our favorite things about Mary!
She is thoughtful and loves others! Mary tries to cheer up her sister or even myself if we aren't happy. If she sees a child in a group who is shy she has been known to welcome them, take their hand and be their friend.
She is brave. Mary will tell me how she thinks it is. If Rachel is need of a time out Mary will come to her defense and tell me "Mom she is just a baby, be nice to Rachel!"
She is creative! I am amazed at her ability to make up games, draw pictures and find things in the world around her that I miss all the time.
She is fun! Mary can always think of something fun to do! She is funny and makes me laugh everyday! I love the conversations we have together!
Mary loves her magazine subscription to "The Friend" from Grandma & Grandpa

Alex sent a card with fun jokes in it!

The famous princess card that sings!

McDonalds money!


7 comments:

steph said...

What a sweetheart! I love how she said she was feeling "emotional"! so cute!

Lyndi said...

So cute! She's a tender little soul.

Lant Family said...

Happy Birthday Mary!! She is such a sweet girl. Her party looks like it was a lot of fun and I am sure she had a blast with all her friends. I bet she really appreciated it :)

Susan said...

Aww! I can't believe she is four! So funny that she told you she was feeling emotional - I love it! Her party at the park looks so fun and it makes me miss park weather!

Aubrey said...

So sweet! What a special girl. Her party looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm just a bit jealous of the terrific weather.

The Sullengers said...

She lokos so grown up! What a sweet girl!

Alayna said...

I have been missing out on all the Pratt news. It is so great to catch up. Mary is a genuinely amazing girl...both your girls are and they come by it honestly. So glad that you had such a spectacular celebration!