Saturday, January 1, 2011

Library Time

We don't make it to the library for their story times. They offer really wonderful story times that are grouped into ages and we seem to fall between them right now. We do still make frequent trips to the library to pick out books and movies. There is a fun area the girls like to read books in and make new friends. I really like being able to put books on hold so they are ready to pick up. The girls both have their own library cards and like to scan them and check out their own books.

We discovered new dvds that we love. The girls love them, so I love them. They are anything by Richard Scarry and Baby Songs.

Going to the library used to be a bit stressful when the girls would get excited and run around. Fortunately, they have been behaving beautifully in the library. They know to stay right by me and use library voices. I am very proud of them. I have also learned that if Mary is on board Rachel will usually follow. Good thing Mary is a little girl who enjoys pleasing her mommy, most of the time.

The girls just participated in a program the library was having. They had to do a certain amount of reading and write it down to get a prize. They both picked out prizes and got t-shirts that they like to wear at bedtime.


The girls with the toys they picked out of the treasure box.

No comments: