Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Princess Potty

We made a family trip to the Baby Depot to pick up potty supplies. I wasn't brave enough to pull it out so it sat in Mary's closet for a month. Mary has been telling us for awhile when she is going to go potty. Finally we pulled out the princess potty stuff. Sadly, she just wasn't into it. When she tells me "mommy potty" I ask her if she wants to go sit on the big toilet and she tells me "no, diapers potty." She does however want to sit on the toilet and read the potty book, wash hands and then get a candy. We aren't going to kill ourselves to potty train Mary yet. We are too tired! Hopefully she will let us know when she is ready. Everything is set up for when she is and we are prepared to hoot, holler and cheer when that day comes.


5 comments:

Kent Family said...

aww.. good luck!! She'll get it when shes ready! She has a wonderful mommy and daddy! :)

Cara said...

You are smart not to push it. If you push it, even if you think they are ready, it can turn into a power-struggle and that is the worst ever! Trust me, I know. I made lots of mistakes with my first, poor thing. Luckily, I learned from those mistakes and my second and third were much more successful. We'll see how number 4 does in a couple years. ;)

Lant Family said...

Yeah we will see what happens with Lucy. I have a feeling she is not ready and we may not do it untill this summer. Oh well that she will be 3 right?

Katie May said...

Well, I'm in the EXACT same boat as you and Gredtel is nearly 10 months older! Don't you fret. Marybarnum ALWAYS says, "Well, she won't be going to college with diapers so there's really no harm now is there?"

Susan said...

That's actually cute potty stuff! Where is Baby Depot?
Good luck! Mary is a smart girl, so I'm sure when she's ready she'll take right to it.