1. The Starting Point - This is what the room looked like when we bought the house, it was already framed with a window and floor boards.
2. Electricity - We hired some electricians to put in the outlets and lights, because I didn't want to electrocute myself or burn the house down.
3. Heating and Air - A whole new heating and air conditioning unit had to be added with all the ducts and vents. We hired professionals to do it.
4. Insulation - While Margaret and Mary were in California I spent a few days putting in the insulation and drank a gallon of lemonade per day.
7. Floor - Some friends helped me put in this laminate flooring.

8. Closet and Trim - I installed and painted the closet door, closet shelves and the baseboard.
9. Storage Cabinets - Before we started the project, Margaret had the great idea to leave room behind the walls for storage. So I built a floor and walls for the storage spaces and my neighbor helped by framing the doors and teaching me how to make the doors and hang them.
10. The Finished Room - This is now our guest room and also Margaret's sewing/project room. We are so happy to have it.

10 comments:
Yea Murray! THANK YOU!
That looks AMAZING!! What a whole lot of work. I'm so impressed! It has got to be so nice to have the extra space, too. How lucky you two are! Good job, Murr! :)
or do you spell it Mur??
Great job! Your wife sure is a smart one to sugest the storage closets! That is a huge bonus to the extra room. I love them. I love storage in general. Your hard work paid off and I think the room is a very nice extra space to the house.
WOW!!! It looks great!! Good job guys!!!
Wow! Great job, Murrray! I'm impressed that you did so much yourself! What a great idea, Margaret, for the storage!
WOW!!!! I love the storage wall. How creative!
Wow, it looks so great! I'm very impressed!
Great work Murry! I know that was a lot of hard work but it looks beautiful. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy it now and hopefully it will pay off later.
This is beautiful! Great job guys!
Post a Comment