Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sewing Projects

I recently made a nursing cover and sling. I worked on them with my friend Kristi who shared her patterns and knowledge with me. We are expecting little girls within a month of eachother. We are excited to try out our new slings and nursing covers soon! Nine days or less I'm hoping!
Front view
There is some plastic boning (plastic handle on a bucket) to hold the fabric out so I can look down at baby.
A piece of washcloth on one inside corner and a pocket for nursing pads or whatever on the other inside corner.

Baby sling. I don't think our little girl will be as tiny as this cabbage patch doll!

Kristi and I with our baby bellies.


10 comments:

Aubrey said...

Very nice work.

Lant Family said...

Looks great! Now you can share your pattern and knowledge with ME!

Susan said...

They turned out soooo cute! I think the idea to use a bucket handle in them is so genius! I love the fabric on yours - you'll have one fashionable baby!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Your fabric is darling. Good work! Love the baby bellies.

Zepp Family said...

You girls are just the cutest.

I didn't know you had such mad sewing skills. Great work. What a practical and adorable baby item.

Keep us posted on the arrival of the little one. The suspense is killing me. I am HORRIBLE with surprises and I am dying to know what you are going to name the new little one!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness this is the cutest fabric! Way-to-go Margaret!

The Sullengers said...

I love it! Can't wait to start on mine! Good luck this next week and let us know if you need anything!

allie said...

SO cute! What great things to have for a new little one! Great job, Margaret!

steph said...

that is such a cute idea! i will have to keep that in mind for my future children ;-)

steph said...

that is such a cute idea! i will have to keep that in mind for my future children ;-)