Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rachel Jane Pratt

Rachel Jane Pratt was born yesterday, December 15th, at 12:25pm!
She weighed 9 pounds and 4 ounces!
She is a beautiful and chubby girl.
Both Rachel and Margaret are healthy and happy.


More details: Margaret had a scheduled induction yesterday, so Grandma Gail stayed home with Mary, while Margaret and I went to the hospital at 6:00am. We got settled and the induction started at about 7:15am. Once her doctor came and broke her water around 8:00am, her contractions got really strong and painful. The epidural came soon after and eased the pain enough that Margaret was even able to get a short nap. She woke up around 11:30am to some discomfort and asked the nurse to check how she was progressing. We were all shocked when the nurse said she was completely progressed. The nurse hurried to call the doctor, who was away from the hospital - but luckily the doctor made it there within 10 minutes. They prepared everything and then Margaret started pushing. I could tell that is was really difficult, painful and tiring, but Margaret did so well. After only 15 or 20 minutes of pushing, we had a beautiful big girl.



The doctor and nurses all talked about how big she was. In fact, was found out that she was the talk of the nursery, being the biggest baby there.


I was really impressed with the miracle of the whole experience. It was amazing to be there with Margaret and see Rachel's first few breaths. Margaret was exhausted but so happy and glowing for the rest of the day.

We enjoyed our time together in the hospital and were so excited when Mary came to visit us. We gave Mary a big sister t-shirt, which she proudly wore. Mary loved to point and say "baby way-cho" and "baby sis-tow". We love our little family of four.

Things were going so well today that we decided to leave the hospital and come home, so that's where we are now. Margaret is recovering well and trying hard to take it easy.

We hope you enjoy the pictures. Rachel is so beautiful and a perfect baby. We love her!


Just after the delivery


Rachel Jane - look at those cheeks!




Just before leaving the hospital.

Beautiful girl

Our family

14 comments:

Katie May said...

HOly Guacamole! I'm so happy! Congratulations! I'm just so thrilled and happy. Rachel is adorable and has the cutest cheeks ever! And what a trooper, Margaret. Recover well and have a VERY Merry Christmas!

Lant Family said...

Rachel Jane is perfect and she is so cute! We are so happy for your family of four and glad things are going smooth for you.

Cara said...

Congratulations! What a cute, chubby, little baby! Love those cheeks! :) Good luck with the next few days (and weeks...and months). :)

Brian said...

Congrats! I'm SO happy for you, all 4 of you! Rachel Jane is so cute.... just adorable. She is so chubby and sweet.

allie said...

Congrats!! We're so happy for you guys! She's so adorable with those cute cheeks!

The Borders said...

SO so sweet!

The Sullengers said...

Oh, I can't wait to meet her! Congrats! Hopefully she'll be a great sleeper with all that extra chub! I love chubbie babies and she is the sweetest thing! Congrats again and hopefully we can come by soon to meet little Rachel!

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful!! I'm so glad Kyleigh will have a friend with chubby cheeks just like her ;-) Hope y'alll have a Merry Christmas with your new bundle of joy.

Zepp Family said...

What a beautiful name and an even more beautiful baby! We are thrilled for you all.

Margaret, you're my hero....NINE POUNDS. That's what Bridget is weighing in at @ 6 weeks!

Take Care and keep those fun pics coming.

XOXOXOXO

Susan said...

Congratulations Pratts! She's adorable - can't wait to see her!

janae said...

Oh, yay! I've been checking your blog way too often, waiting for pictures. I'm so glad you posted them!! Congratulations again!

steph said...

Yay! Congratulations! We are so happy for you! What an adorable new addition!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

wow! I was hoping there would be some pictures of your new little sweety on your blog!!! she is so cute, and cubby, way to go margaret. I had a big baby too, i know how hard that is. I hope your christmas break is great, see you in january.

Jen Ketcher said...

Yay! Congrats, Pratt family! She looks like Mary to me. What a cutie! Way to go, Margaret!