
Margaret had her 26th birthday yesterday and I have to say that she had quite the day! First of all, she is nine months pregnant. If it were me, I would have chosen to stay at home all day and sleep, eat and watch movies. But not Margaret, here are some things she did:
A friend threw her a baby shower, and it just so happened that her birthday was the only day that worked out. So they celebrated for the baby and Margaret at the same time.
Margaret's mom gave her money to get a manicure and pedicure, and I think she really enjoyed it.
A friend watched Mary in the evening so Margaret and I could go on a date. I told Margaret we could do anything she wanted. I guess I shouldn't have given her that much freedom, because this is what she chose to do: go shopping for groceries, thank you presents and christmas cards, pick up pictures from Sam's club and stop for a quick bite to eat at Chick-fil-A. She seemed to enjoy running errands and was amazed how fast and easy it was without a toddler. I enjoyed spending the time with Margaret, so it didn't matter what we were doing.
Towards the end of the evening, Margaret started having contractions, and they were pretty much every 15 minutes. We thought we would be going to the hospital in the middle of the night, but they stopped.
But Margaret really wanted to have a clean house if we did go to the hospital, so she cleaned the bathrooms and scrubbed the shower before going to bed. I tried to help, but she insisted. Nine months pregnant, on her birthday, while having contractions, scrubbing the shower - something is very wrong with this picture.
Anyone would have been amazed to see her running around with all the energy in the world. I have a really hard time keeping up with her, but I still enjoy the chase.
I love you Margaret! Happy Birthday!
7 comments:
There are many things us men will never understand about women. How they do it all is a mystery. Well I am glad that Margaret enjoyed her night out on the town. Best of luck to you guys these next couple of days.
I love your last comment about enjoying the chase. That is just adorable! :) You are a sweet husband Murray. Happy birthday Margaret! And good luck with that baby! :)
Yeah there is just something about knowing you are having the baby and then knowing you probably wont scrub your shower for who knows how long after the baby comes. You just feel the need to get so many things done. I understand Margaret. I am glad you were able to have such a nice birthday and get so many things done. Your shower was a lot of fun!
What a great tribute to your wife Murray. Good luck today! I'm glad you had a great birthday and can't wait to see your new little girl!
Happy Birthday Margaret!
What a typical mom - grocery shopping and errands for her birthday date! :) I so would have started cleaning the bathrooms by myself if I thought the baby was coming. I bet it was disappointing when the contractions stopped, though, so I'm really sorry about that!
Happy 26th Margaret! Can't wait to hear about the baby news. I'll be thinking of you.
XOXOXO,
Elizabeth
Happy Birthday Margaret! You are seriously one of my most favorite people in the world! I am a better person for knowing you and I feel lucky to be your friend! Love you!
Post a Comment