Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mary's room

So we got Mary a big girl bed with some cute bedding. This is where it all started...then I put up these purple polka dots, painted the letters for her name and added tied ribbon, found purple crib sheets, made a curtain to match, changing pad covers (purple and blue, I bet you couldn't guess) and boppy pillow covers. I don't have great pictures of the entire room but you can see Mary's bed, the shade/valance and a bit of a changing pad cover. There is even a cute purple butterfly rug from my mom :)

This was a lot of work but a lot of fun! I learned a lot of new things about sewing along the way.




8 comments:

Aubrey said...

Nice work!

Lant Family said...

Looks like a very cute room. Is she sleeping in her big bed now?

allie said...

So cute! You're so crafty! Does she stay in her bed?

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I love the color choices, those are the same ones we are going to do for Rhylan later...I am working on a quilt that could take years to make. It is those colors. Also the dots on the was are really styl'n.

Cara said...

Good work Margaret! It looks so cute! :)

Zepp Family said...

Adorable! Especially love the polka dots! Hooray for Lowe's huh?!?

Margaret Pratt said...

Thanks to Elizabeth who shared her polka dot sticker idea with me! I wish I could hire her to decorate my entire house!

Last night Mary said she wanted to sleep in her bed. What she didn't say is that she was going to cry through the night wanting me to sleep with her in it! I am tired. We may be going back to the crib!

Susan said...

Super cute room! Caroline's is that same purple - I love it!