Monday, October 13, 2008

It's true

I made this loaf of bread! Not with a bread machine, nope, with my own two hands, not even a kitchen aid mixer was used! Keep in mind I never baked as a child, not once! My mom is a great cook but I never saw a cookie sheet in my house growing up. I did have my friend Vanetta's help which is the only reason this turned out successfully and she is way better than any kitchen aid mixer!
I went to Vanetta's house and watched her make a batch and then she turned around and said "your turn". She actually had me do everything she just did! What a cool teacher, huh?! She even sent me home with bread pans and a bucket of ground wheat to practice! We talked about different recipes, pans, yeast, wheat and buckets to store the wheat in. It was a true learning experience! Making bread isn't for wimps, I had no idea what was involved! What a neat talent that yields a truly yummy reward! Thanks Vanetta!

5 comments:

allie said...

WOW! Great job, Margaret! I hope to see a tutorial about everything she taught you as your next post. :) The bread looks yummy!

Lant Family said...

What a great skill to learn. So are you going to start making all your bread? Or still buy some here and there maybe?

janae said...

How fun! I love making homemade bread! (Although, I admit I was really glad to finally get a Kitchen Aid and a bread maker!) Yummy!

Zepp Family said...

YUMMY! It looks beautiful. If we still lived close I'd insist that you share you new talent with me :)

steph said...

That looks so yummy! I want to get the recipe!
The only bread I have made is homemade french bread. I got the recipe from my mom. Its supposed to be really easy compared to all the other bread-making recipes. So, obviously that is the only one I've tried... haha! But I might just give the harder stuff a try. It would be a good thing to learn.
Props to you though for making such a beautiful loaf!