Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Little Cutie Pie

Here are a few reasons why Mary is so cute (and some pictures to prove it):



A couple of months ago we taught Mary how to "honk" a nose. She learned quickly and would pinch our noses and say "honk". Well, lately we have been teaching her animal sounds and using a picture book with all kinds of animals. When we got to the goose, I told her that the goose says "honk" and she immediately understood. She pinched the nose of the goose and said honk and then started pinching all the animals noses and saying honk. I am still working on explaining that only the goose says honk and you don't have to pinch it's nose.



I also taught Mary the classic name rhyming song that goes: "Mary Mary bow-berry, banana-fanna fo-ferry..." Mary loves it and will say "Mama" or "Dada" because she wants us to do our names too. So we go through and sing it for everybody's name. Well, when we taught her the song "Mary had a little lamb" she recognized her name in the song and thought it was the same kind of game. She wanted us to put our names in the song so Mama and Dada could have a little lamb also.


Mary has recently learned to love kisses. Whenever I give Margaret a kiss, Mary insists I give her a kiss as well. And when I hug Margaret, Mary usually joins in and makes it a family group hug. Here is a picture of Mary giving a tender kiss to her baby doll. What a sweetheart!


Mary is great because she loves to put her toys away after she plays with them. She also insists after every meal that she give her plate to Mama to be washed (She won't give it to me for some reason). She also loves to throw trash away in the garbage can. She even likes to get her own diaper when she needs to be changed. And perhaps cutest of all, when it is time to go somewhere, she will search the house to find my shoes and bring them to me, find Margaret's shoes and give them to her, and then find her own shoes. We think Mary is a great helper and a perfect little girl. I hope our next baby is as sweet and precious as Mary.

7 comments:

Lant Family said...

Oh Mary is so cute. That is fun that she wants you to have a lamb solo also .

Lant Family said...

Oh Lucy also is getting very upset because she wants to come and PLAY with Mary!! Well have to come and play soon.

janae said...

The greatest thing about babies is that they each come out so sweet and cute! Your new one will be just as precious, but in its own unique way. I love when kids learn to throw trash in the garbage. But I hate when they learn to throw things that are NOT trash in the garbage!!

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

Mary is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I hope Kyleigh is as helpful as Mary when she is older. I love the way she will bring your shoes to you!

Cara said...

How can so much cuteness be wrapped up in one little girl? Your house must be so fun! It will be so fun to watch what a little sister will add to the mix.

allie said...

What a great post! Those pictures are just adorable! I especially love the one of her kissing the doll. In the first one, Devin & I think she looks like Ethan. :)

Anonymous said...

Margie,
I have been looking for you! Mary is so beautiful. And you and Murray all grown up! I miss you. I hope you are all doing well.
Love, Bekah scbdvnggirl@yahoo.com