Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Goodbye Silvia! Hello Ruby!

We sold one of our cars last week. It really was my car and I was pretty sad to sell it because I can be sentimental and I started to think of how we brought Mary home from the hospital in it etc. But I cheered up a few days later when we bought our new van. It is a 2005 Toyota Sienna. I love it and Mary loves it too! Yes, we name our cars and I know it's a little dorky.


12 comments:

allie said...

Congrats!!! I love it! Have fun going to the grocery store and having tons of room for your stroller AND your bags! :)

Katie said...

Love it!

Aubrey said...

Lucky you! It looks fantastic and so do you! Such a cute pregnant gal.

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

I thought your van might be new when I saw it last week, but didn't say anything because I didn't know if I was just completely out of the loop or if it reallywas new ;-) Congrats!!

Aubrey said...

Oh, and I don't think it is geeky to name cars at all! I have one named Eve.

Cara said...

Ruby. I like it. Ironically enough, the kids and I were talking about naming cars today. We've always called Barry's car the "Silver Bullet". But the van doesn't have a name. Hallie suggested calling it "Tan Van". We'll see. :)

The Sullengers said...

How exciting - you'll have to take me for a spin! I used to name cars, but for some reason it stopped. But say hey to Ruby!!!

Lant Family said...

Yeah for RUBY!

janae said...

You name your cars?? That is TOOOO funny! I love it!! I can't wait to get a van. We decided we'd do it with #4. When we can no longer fit the whole family in the Corolla. (Believe it or not, we fit three car seats in the back.)

Katie May said...

Why hello there, Ruby! I'm quite envious of you. Maybe one of these days you can head on over to my place, hmmm? And that pretty little lady next to your car?? What a fox!

(I know I'm a nerd, Margaret. I just can't help myself!)

ell.el.p said...

OH cool!!! Remember my buick? The Silver Bullet?? hahaha!! It's really nice Margie! You make a HOT mini-van mama!! Enjoy your new car!!

Jen Ketcher said...

Love the van, Margaret. And as for the name, we've had Dora the Explorer, Small One--oh, there are just too many to remember.