Friday, May 28, 2010

Garage Sale


We had a garage sale last week! The girls and I handed out flyers inviting everyone on our street. Four families participated with us and that made for a great turn out! It was so nice to get rid of a lot of stuff we just don't use. I am enjoying the empty space! I am now not as embarassed when our garage door is open. I really do have the nicest husband for everything he did to help me get ready! The guy woke up at 4:30am on a Saturday, that is love!
Our favorite story from the garage sale, although there were many good ones, involved our purple "cash box". Murray and I just had a rush of people, it was the end of our sale and our cash box wasn't where we left it, we thought "oh no, it's gone". At the same time we looked at each other and said "Mary". When we looked over she was walking around wearing a backpack which we were trying to sell for 25 cents. We asked to look in her backpack and sure enough she had the purple cash box inside. Apparently she knew it was irresponsible to leave a cashbox unattended so she took the liberty of safeguarding it for us!

1 comment:

Luna said...

YAY!!!! I am so glad it turned out well!

Too funny about Mary taking the cash box.