Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Farm House





We drove to Peoria and stayed at a hotel 15 minutes from the farm. The farm is in Edelstein which is VERY small. We visited the farm house and walked through it. My great, great grandparents built it over 100 years ago and for that reason I think it is beautiful! I would love to live there and restore the house, I am trying to convince Murray for just one summer!

The last time I was in Edelstein was for my grandma Gladys's funeral when I was four. Mary is almost that age and it was so special to take our daughters there.
It was planting season so we got to see our crops starting as little sprouts.

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

What a pretty farm house. That is so neat you were able to go visit.

The Sullengers said...

It's so great to be able to go see your heritage! Hopefully you took lots of pictures at the cemetery to do family history later on. What a nice trip for you!

Susan said...

It looks SO beautiful there. How nice that you were able to go back and share part of your history with your family.