Friday, May 21, 2010

Carthage Jail

We had the chance to go to Carthage Jail while in Illinois. We watched a private movie in the visitor's center followed by a private tour of the jail. Mary got upset and started to cry, she told us she was dissapointed because she thought she was going to see Joseph and Hyrum Smith.


3 comments:

Lant Family said...

I am glad you got to go to Carthage Jail. That is one of my most favorite places to go when we do the whole Nauvoo thing . I hope you guys liked it. There is just such a great spirit there.

R and A Lambert said...

I really like Carthage Jail too. If you go to the Liberty Jail there are at least manican's (sp?) of Joseph and the others that were with him. That's a great experience too.

Cara said...

Such a neat place. Liberty jail is pretty neat also, and like the comment before said, they have life-sized figures there that look pretty real.