Friday, July 31, 2009

Tutu Girls

My mom sent the girls these tutus and they had a great time playing around in them. Mary jumped around on the air mattress for quite some time. Jumping around on an air mattress is a great rainy day activity! We have had several rainy days with just plain bad weather! We managed to have fun inside.



Yesterday we had some serious weather. The girls and I made a not so quick trip to Target. While inside a tornado warning was issued and we were rushed to the back of the store and told we couldn't leave. We hung out on the toy aisle for over an hour. Mary made the best of it and met some new friends. I sat on the floor and fed Rachel. When we did leave I was happy to have a great parking place so close to the front. It didn't matter though we were soaked after running through the most torrential rain I have ever been in. Just part of living in the south.

8 comments:

The Sullengers said...

How cute - the tutu's themselves were probably a hit and then to jump on an air matress - what a great mom!

Cara said...

Crazy about your weather. We have that problem here too (we are considered part of "tornado alley"). Makes for some crazy stories!

Aubrey said...

So cute! Crazy weather... sounds like you made the best of your Target hour.

allie said...

I love the tutus! SO cute! I can't believe you were stuck in Target for over an hour. What a bummer!

Luna said...

That was a crazy storm. At least you had entertainment for Mary. We played in an empty bathtub while we hunkered down in the bathroom for what seemed like FOREVER. Sounds like you had more fun.

Katie May said...

Ah! Scary! I just always think of you trying to hid under your mattress in the closet, or something silly that you had heard about on the news! Haha! I'm glad you're all safe.

And seriously, if you're going to be stuck somewhere in public, Target toy aisle is a pretty good place to be with two little ones.

And I LOVE the tutus. Whatever makes em happy! I just love Mary's smile with her and Rachel on the couch

Zepp Family said...

Yes, we have heard about that insane weather over there. Hope it's subsided for the season.

You and those darling girlie girls stay safe!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Those are so cute. Sorry you got stuck in Target. There could be worse places to be stuck I guess. I can totally picture you sitting on the floor feeding Rachel. You poor thing.