Thursday, July 30, 2009

Garden Update

We have good news. Our first attempt at gardening has been successful! We are getting lots of cucumbers and have counted 9 watermelons so far. The cucumbers are so tasty! I felt a little proud of us when I went grocery shopping and didn't need to buy a cucumber. Miracle grow brought our cherry tomato back to life in a major way! One of the little branches fell off and I left it in the garden bed. Guess what? Now we have two tomato plants instead of one, cool! A friend gave me three other tomato plants and they are growing well too. Yay!


6 comments:

Natalie said...

that is so exciting! i love the idea of having a garden and eating vegetables that YOU have grown yourself. way to go!

allie said...

That's SO awesome! Your garden looks great!

steph said...

How fun! I can't wait until I can start a garden! I love the idea of eating stuff you grew yourself. :-)

The Sullengers said...

How exciting - one day I will have a garden - but maybe just a small littler herbal one...:)

Cara said...

Yay for you! How fun!

Zepp Family said...

Hats off to you, that garden rocks! Thanks for being such an inspiration and good example on provident living and self reliance. I really am sick of going to the grocery store to buy over processed veggies and fruit.