It had been 9 months since we had gone to visit family in California. We spent the week Murray had off between his 2nd and 3rd year of school with family there. We left on a Saturday and I made every effort to pack lightly but I just don't have it in me. Mary was so happy to see Papa at the airport and go to "Grandma and Papa's house". We had a great meal waiting for us when we got there. Mary went to Alex right away and wasn't shy for Shawna, Kyle or Parker. Mary pretty much talked non stop about each family member if they weren't in her sight and when they were she was asking them what they were doing. These girls got plenty of love and attention and they enjoyed every second of it!
Mary, Rachel and a few of their belongings (everything they own).
Naturally it rained the day we flew out.
Mary got her own seat. We discovered Mary really enjoys turbulance. We experienced major dips on the way there. I think I had a genuine panic attack. Mary was all giggles shouting "wee".
Chillin' with Alex
Sunday morning I caught these two playing "Jesus Came to John the Baptist" (Mary's favorite). I had to take a picture. We went to Church in the building Murray attended since he was four and where I was baptized. Then we went for the must have - an AMAZING Grandma Baker dinner. I couldn't find my camera while we were there. Mary and Parker played, played, played! We got to visit with Grandma and enjoy ourselves.
9 comments:
sounds like so much fun! funny that mary enjoyed the turbulance.
How fun! Looks like you had a great time!
Yeah I don't think there is such a thing as packing light when you have children :) And don't worry it rained pretty much the whole week you were gone. You didn't miss much here.
Oh, I bet those two darling girls got smothered. I'm sure their ears will be ringing extra loudly for the next week with comments about how cute, sweet and smart they are :).
It is always nice for us "big kids" to get to go home to our Daddy and Mommy and be taken care of from time to time too.
I'm so glad you guys got to go home - I didn't know Murray played the piano! Fun to see family!!!
Oh, man! I'm so jealous! We haven't been home to Utah in a year and we haven't been to California or Arizona (Sam's fam) in two years. I love the picture at the piano. Gail's house is so fun!
Yeah for trips home! How nice that Mary enoyed the plane. You never know how kids are going to take it!
Sounds like heaven! I'm glad Mary had fun...my toddlers haven't always done great in different environments than home.
I had no idea you had even gone to CA. I guess I'm a little out of it. It looks like you had a fun trip though. I'm glad you guys were able to go. 9 months is a long time.
Post a Comment