Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Nutcracker

One of Murray's patients was dancing in the Nutcracker. We got some really great tickets and were able to go see it while my dad watched the girls because he was in town visiting. It was a beautiful performance and the stage, settings and costumes were really amazing! It reminded me of visiting DisneyLand when I was little. It feels like you really are somewhere far from real life. It is always nice to ditch real life for an hour or so. I read that the cost was several million dollars to put the performance on. I loved it and hope we can make it a tradition to start taking the girls when they are 4 or so and can sit for that long easily and really enjoy the show.

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

I love dates --or escaping real life of parenthood for a short while. The nutcracker sounds fun! I bet the girls enjoyed time with your Dad as well. You and Murray look nice!

Reiko said...

Finally catching up on blogs. Congrats on baby number 3. The girls are getting so big.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

What a fun memory...tradition!! I like how you two even match.