Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oxford

We had a free day and made a very last minute trip to Oxford. We visited Ole Miss, Rowan Oak and a children's bookstore on the square that had lots of fun stuff for the kids to play with inside! It was especially nice because it was freezing outside!
We also had pizza at Proud Larry's on the square and it was good. There was an Ole Miss game going on so everyone was watching it on tv and going nuts. We had to cheer when it came time. Otherwise we would have probably been tossed out!
Oxford had a lot of beautiful old buildings dating back to 1850 and there were many signs saying they had been burnt down in the civil war and were rebuilt. I always think it is amazing to stand in a place where so many generations have been before you. I guess that is why I like old buildings.
Oxford was a beautiful and historical college town to visit.




No comments: