Monday, October 26, 2009

On The Farm

The girls and I made a trip to California while Murray went to a conference in Denver last week. One of the fun things we did was visit Centennial Farm. Parker and Mary loved checking out the animals and Rachel snoozed through most of it but did wake up at the end and get to see a few of the animals.
These cows were enormous!


Parker is such a brave boy and doesn't think twice about reaching in and petting those animals!

Mary is still talking about Grandpa and asking for him.

This pig was due in five days and I felt awful for her, she was HUGE! I thought expecting one baby was tough.
One of the best parts of this outing was when Grandpa picked up a piglet for the kids to see. When it squealed the giant mama came over looking pretty mad so Kevin put it down. Then we saw a sign that read "Please don't pick up the piglets." SO funny!
This is for you Lyndi!

5 comments:

Lyndi said...

Hahaha thanks for the shout out! I'm not surprised that Dad picked up the piglet, and I'm not surprised that it was against the rules.
Parker and Mary are so adorable together!

Lant Family said...

I feel so sorry for that pig! Mary is sure cute.

The Sullengers said...

that pig does look miserable! Don't we all though towards the end :) Glad you got to go home!

Aubrey said...

Looks fun... except the preggo pig, she looks miserable. Thanks for sharing!

allie said...

Yikes about the pregger pig! :) Looks like you guys had a great time and I bet the girls just loved it!