Friday, August 14, 2009

Quiet Time

Mary has a difficult time wanting to take a nap every day. She has always resisted sleep. I can understand how she feels. For her it is as though she is going to miss something fun and as for me I would rather be getting things done than take a nap or go to bed early. Mary really needs to have some time where she rests. Otherwise she is literally walking into walls. I borrowed an idea from another mom and made a poster with stickers. I explained that we were going to have quiet time every day. This meant Mary had to stay in her room and she could choose from a few quiet activities. Mary has almost always chosen to sleep. I peek in on her when I think she is asleep and this is one way I found her. Social even while snoozing.


3 comments:

Cara said...

Oh that's so cute! I'm glad you were able to catch it on camera. :)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

That picture is so sweet! Good choice mary...however I can't understand how you feel. I have always LOVED to sleep. Naps are the greatest!

The Sullengers said...

I love to nap also but I am always torn - there is so much to do so napping for me is usually only on Sunday's after church! The rest of the week it's trying to get something done to where I feel good about my day. That pic of Mary is so precious! It's always fun when all your buddies (aka stuffed animals) nap with you! :)