We have been spending a lot of time in swimsuits and sunscreen. Mary loves the water and is completely fearless, which makes me feel like a total nervous wreck! The water goes up to about Mary's chin (I shouldn't even know this but sadly I do). She tries to go as far into the water as she can, so I have to run around chasing a foot behind her as she tries to escape from me. She gets so upset with me holding her and wants to break out of my grasp. Doesn't she understand how small she is? Most parents with children Mary's age just sit in the shallow water along the edge while their baby stands ankle deep or sits happily splashing. The parents watch me run around scared out of my mind and they must laugh. I would too if I was them. On the upside Mary takes the longest naps after these fun filled days. Which means I get to enjoy a nap too and I definitely need one! Needless to say, we made a trip to Walmart and got some different floatation devices.
Below is a picture of Mary and a friend catching some sun (Mary is on the left).
9 comments:
What fun! You need to tell me where these places are- I had no idea something like this existed in Southaven. Please fill me in! Mary is so funny! Good luck with the chasing!
How cute that Mary loves the water so much!! Keeps the pregnant momma skinny, thats for sure! You never need to 'exercise' because that's pretty much all you do all day long. Isn't it funny how some kids are so brave in water? Seara will climb on anything and everything. By 15 months she would climb up on our chairs, and on to the table. Not one ounce of fear. But the little thing is terrified of pools. Elijah, on the other hand, is a complete wimp when it comes to climbing. He is 19 months and afraid to stand on chairs! But, he'll leap right in to 5 ft deep water without a second thought (and regardless of there being an adult near or not). Strange little kids!
Seriously, Margaret, share the wealth. Where are all your secret free pool places in Southaven??
Hey Margaret, I have a feeling rhylan will be just the same, she tries for the deep end every time we got to the pool too. You will have to show me those places when i get there In august. savannah williamson
I love Mary just lounging there with her friend - they look so grown up!
Looks like you are up to lots of fun! Lucy just runs around too. I feel like my relaxing days anywhere are over. We are so excited to be close to you guys and start a new adventure. Less then 2 weeks!!!
Mary is so cute...we miss you!
Mary is so cute! I love her swimsiut!
Hey Margaret it's savannah, i want to e-mail you several questions about mississippi stuff, can you give me your e-mail? Mine is savannahwilliamson@yahoo.com
Post a Comment