Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Can Be Obedient

Tonight I was talking to Mary while she was in bed. We were talking about what obedience is and all the ways she could be obedient and listen to mommy and daddy. She asked me to keep listing different ways she could follow directions and really seemed to like it. I thought this is so great! Let's close this lesson and I told her to happily say "I can be obedient." Mary replied "I don't want to be obedient." I thought maybe she didn't understand and needed another chance. I asked again and she said "No, I don't want to be obedient." I felt so sad! I gave her a kiss, said goodnight and went out to tell Murray what happened. Murray went in to say goodnight. Murray said the first thing Mary told him when he went in was "Daddy, I can be obedient." That was most definitely the best part of my day!

1 comment:

Cara said...

That little stinker! :) I'm glad she had a change of heart!