Monday, June 15, 2009

Blueberry Pickin'

The girls and I went with some friends to pick blueberries in Nesbit. Mary did well at picking the ripe berries and not the green ones. Sadly, she dumped them out of her bucket. We still picked an entire bucket and a bit more. It was overcast which was great but still incredibly humid! We made blueberry pancakes and they were very yummy, muffins are in the works. There are still 5 weeks left to go and pick berries. We will most likely head back for more.
An entire bucket was only 11 dollars! I guess I should factor in that we did provide the labor.



It was Rachel's morning nap time and she LOVES being wrapped up in this piece of cloth. This white wrap is a survival tool around our house these days.

5 comments:

The Sullengers said...

So I was going to ask the other day - did you make that wrap or buy it? Fresh blueberries sound yummy!

Luna said...

So fun! I love wearing lil ones. Though, I have to say, you are a trooper. It is getting pretty hot and humid!

Lyndi said...

That wrap is cute!
Also, I think it's funny that the blueberry place is called Nesbit because when Buzz is in that tea party in Toy Story, he calls himself Mrs. Nesbit. Just a thought. :)

Cara said...

What a great mom you are! I've always wanted to take my kids berry picking and have just never done it. If you can do it with such little ones, I have no excuse!

allie said...

How fun! I love your wrap- looks like Rachel does, too! Blueberry pancakes sound yummy!