Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Rachel is 7 Years Old!



I just can't say how much we love, love, love this daughter of ours! Rachel is happy, funny, bright, thoughtful, kind, generous (with everything but bubblegum), smart, insightful, obedient, helpful and the list goes on!  This year her birthday fell on what may have been the busiest day our family had all year!  Because of this Rachel got to stay home from school and we spent some time together. She opened presents in the morning and actually helped me with some chores.  Some of her favorite presents were a blue necklace and bracelet with an R charm on them, a puppy dog purse, a brush with the letter R and a gymnastics bag! Then we went to get nails done which was such a treat!  I love that she wore the crown out her teacher Mrs. Zastrow had given her the day before while we were out and about that day!  Then we met Murray at Firehouse Subs for lunch and finished with an ice cream cone at Basking Robbins.  That evening she went to watch Becky perform in her preschools Christmas Pageant and Mary perform in Aristocats.  While waiting for Aristocats to begin I asked Rachel what her favorite part of the day was and she said "Definitely right now!  I can't wait to see Mary perform." That just says so much about who Rachel is and why I am so grateful for her! At the end of the show Rachel told me "Mom, you are lucky because you got to watch this musical twice!"  Hoping this year brings Rachel as much joy as she brings to this family of ours!

No comments: