Sunday, December 13, 2015

Orange County Love



















My dear friend Allison and I both have birthdays in December.  This means that we usually celebrate our birthdays wrapping Christmas presents, baking cookies for an exchange, delivering treats, in my case throwing birthday parties for my children and we love it and are happy to do it but this year was REALLY special because we took a girls trip to the OC!  I grew up in Huntington Beach and lived there until the end of college and Allison lived there and worked there for quite awhile!  Living in Phoenix we reminisce about the weather, food and shopping!  Allison got us a room at the Westin and with help from amazing husbands we headed out of town to celebrate our birthdays. We stopped and visited with Allison Grandma who is so delightful and had breakfast with her and Allison's Aunt Anita.  The rest of our days were pampering, shopping and eating!  We even attended a cooking class that was so much fun!  I would love to attend more of those in the future! Murray got us tickets to a surprise show which turned out to be "Anne of Green Gables" books that we both loved reading as girls! We also went to a Korean Day Spa that was wonderful!  Allison's Mom got to meet up with us there and she summed it up perfectly- "we died and went to Korean heaven"!

1 comment:

ell.el.p said...

Margie! This sounds amazing! I'm glad you got to enjoy some time for you! :)