On one of our staying in days Mary asked for some help making a "camping house". The girls dragged every pillow and blanket in our house over to this thing. It looked pretty cozy inside. While they played I was able to wash everyones sheets and get some other chores done.
I have been thinking lately that my job is more than one persons job! My dad came to visit recently. One afternoon when Murray got home early. I took a look around and my dad was emptying the dishwasher, Murray was playing with the kids and I was folding some clothes (and growing a baby.) I actually felt embarrassed by how spoiled I was at that moment! Not embarrassed enough to not dream and wish it was my everyday life though!
We started a little chant in our family. Someone will call out "What's gonna work" and everyone responds "team work!" It's from a tv show the girls like. We started it when Rachel was still small enough that it was funny to hear her say "team work" with such gusto or even start it off with a "What's gonna work?" Families do take a lot of team work!
7 comments:
So fun!! I can't believe how big the girls are getting!!
"camping house" --too cute:)
I enjoy that you added "growing a baby" to the things you were doing :) Sometimes that is the hardest job. I know don't you just dream of help at home to get all the chores done. We do a team work chant too--you put your hand in, and if you put your hand in that means you agree to help!
I agree. Your job *is* more than one person's job!
Love the fort.
Wait! I had to re-read your post several times to make sure I understood- You're having a baby! Yeah! I'm so excited for you. The world needs more Pratt children! Congrats!
It's been a while since I've been able to catch up on blogs. Congrats on another beautiful girl to be joining your family. I can't believe how big your girls are getting, especialy Mary, and that you're now in Arizona. It seems like life is going well for you and your family. :)
Post a Comment