Friday, March 12, 2010

Rental

I drove around this rental car for a week while my van was getting fixed. I got in a small accident on my way taking the girls to the zoo. It had been a little over four years since the last time I was in an accident or got a ticket. They used to be much more common in my early years of driving when I was equipped with a fast red car, no small children and poorer judgment. (Minus a small incident while visiting Murray's family but there was no damage, I just want to be totally honest).
We had a few bad weeks in February and this car business is just a small part of it. There were ups and downs but for the record I would like to mention a few events we experienced.
Mary went missing and the police came and found her.
Rachel dialed 911 on the house phone and the police paid us another visit.
The Police Department recieved 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies!
I got in an accident and I called the police who came to give me a ticket.
Mary got a high fever of nearly 104 degrees and we pulled an all nighter.
Murray got really ill and still went into school for 12 hours.
With no warning I was verbally attacked.
Really, can all of this happen to a small family? Seems like a lot to me!
Each of these could be a blog post but I will remember the details and our friends and family don't need to hear them. Goodbye February! Hello March!

7 comments:

R and A Lambert said...

Goodness! Sorry for the hard month! Think of it this way, in case of an emergency your 1-year-old can call 911 and save the day! Hope March is a little less stressful!

Cara said...

Wow! Sounds crazy! Hope this month is better!

Lant Family said...

OH well for a rental that is a pretty nice car :) I bet you are glad to have the space of the van back. Sorry Last month was a struggle. I bet March will be better, Boards will be over and the weather will be warmer, 2 things to look forward to already!

The Sullengers said...

Holy crap! I am a horrible friend as I haven't heard any of this till now! Verbally attacked? How crazy is that! Among everything else you went through! I'm sure the cops enjoyed those yummy cookies. Hope your March turns out better!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Yes... hello march, you may have the luck of the Irish this month:)

Susan said...

What?! How did I not know about all the police stuff? How scary/frustrating. I'm so sorry you had such a crappy month - I totally feel for you and wish I had known so I could've done something. Not sure what I might have done with all that, but still! Hope you have a MUCH better month this time around.

janae said...

I'm a bit behind, sorry! We had a 911 incident this last month, too. Except it was Sam's pocket that called 911 on his cell phone. Honestly. SO WEIRD!