Wednesday, December 12, 2007

She's walking!

So, Mary started taking her first steps and it was so exciting and cute! Now she is walking all around the house! We have counted up to 80 steps without falling or holding onto any furniture!!! It is still surprising to look down and see her walking. We have to do a double take. Murray just installed locks on the cabinets in the kitchen because Mary can empty them out in no time. I don't think I could do it faster than she can if I wanted to.



We made a gingerbread house together and we think it turned out pretty cute and it was fun to put together. We really want to let Mary take it apart because she just loves picking up little things and those candies are perfect size but we know she would put them in her mouth so we will have to wait for next year.

Mary loves "Elmo's World" a show on PBS. She will stop playing and sit and watch it just like a big person watches TV. the cute thing is she will laugh at Elmo and it is so funny! I love Elmo's world because of all things I can accomplish in the 10 minutes it is on!




We took Mary to see Santa Clause and she did not like it. Mary is really so friendly and likes almost everyone so I thought we would get a cute smile of her on Santas lap. That was not the case! We just love the picture though!



Murray has been studying for finals this week. He is excited for the semester to end! He has done well this semester so we are all proud of him!



I have been helping on the Christmas party committee at Church. I am sewing 120 bags and Murray even helped! I really thought it was great so I took a picture! Kevin and Gail got me an amazing sewing machine for my birthday! I love it so much!



We went to a Christmas parade in town! There were so many people there. I didn't know that many people even lived in Southaven! Mary learned to wave and say "hi" at the parade! People on the floats tossed out candy so we collected a cup full. Just like Mary's Halloween candy, Murray and I end up eating all of it.