So Mary has been fascinated with the little rocks in our fireplace. We ordered fireplace screen doors but they are taking forever to arrive! We discovered that Mary is afraid of a large black spider I got for a Halloween decoration. We had the idea of placing it infront of the fireplace and it worked! Mary would start crawling over there, notice the spider and turn around! A day later or so I heard her in the fireplace. I ran over to find she had pushed her walker into the spider to get it out of her way and proceeded to the fireplace! Too funny!
Mary was a mermaid for Halloween and was very cute, of course. We went to the trunk or treat at the Church. I decorated the trunk with blue streamers and a net with starfish to compliment Mary's costume. Murray let Mary shake a box of nerds and a second later she managed to get it open and poured a few into her mouth. So she had her first little bit of candy on her first Halloween. Granted she isn't even supposed to have citrus yet but oh well.
Murray got his first pair of glasses! He is now even more qualified to be an optometrist! We all think they look great on him!
I helped at a primary activity and the children each made a little "title of liberty", which basically is a flag saying something that they would stand up for (like family or freedom). I put them all together and hung it the primary room. We thought it looked pretty cool.