Mary has been eating solid foods lately, although I think they should be called mushy foods instead of solid foods. She eats rice cereal and some fruits and vegetables. She makes funny faces that make us think she doesn't like it, but at the same time I think she likes it. The peas smell terrible, although I tasted a bit and they aren't as bad as they smell.
I guess babies should sit up on their own at about 6 months of age, and apparently Mary knows that and didn't want to be too early or too late. Right on her six month birthday, she sat up by herself for the first time. It was pretty amazing to us because she always just fell forward whenever we tried to sit her up before that. It actually was really nice to see that she is developing well considering she had a rough beginning and could have been delayed.
She smiles a lot more now than ever before and is a joy to be around almost all the time. She does have a personality and is never shy about sharing with us how she really feels - I think she gets that from her mom.
Anyway, we just love our little princess and hope you enjoy the pictures we've been posting on the Photo Gallery portion of the website.